Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to adjust the L and H on a 2150 Poulan chainsaw?

Posted by mayhem69 pa (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 20, 09 at 11:37

Hi, my 2150 Poulan chainsaw will start up but not run more than 1 minute. Then when i try to start it back up it is either flooded or isn't getting enough gas? I don't know.
I bought a new plug, cleaned the arrestor, soaked the carb. in cleaner overnight, and was fiddling with the L and H. I did not blow the carb with air because i do not have a compressor. It will run from 30 seconds to sometimes a minute , then it will shut off. I do not know how to adjust the L and H screws, could someone tell me how?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to adjust the L and H on a 2150 Poulan chainsaw?

Flooding should be evidence of wet gas in the comb chamber (on the spark plug tip when you remove it or actually dripping out the muffler) If it's dry then your not getting gas up to or through the carb.

Start off in the tank by removing the fuel filter (clean it or replace it) stick the carb. cleaner nozzle in the hose that the fuel filter was pull it off at the carb. and spary carb cleaner through the hose. does it come out the other end? if so you may need to look for cracks in the line, a crack will not alow the fuel to pull up to the carb.

Once you know your getting gas to the carb. clean you carb
Using carb cleaner (in the can under pressure) fluid as air pressure. It will usually blow out the passages and clean/disolve any gum you may have missed. Use the red or black plastic nozzle, but wear rubber gloves and safety goggles or shield cause the fluid under pressure will squirt out about any direction. Once you get it cleaned out by spraying each passage and watching it come out the other end you can reassemble the carb. If I remember set the low and high at 1 1/4 turn to 1 1/2 to start out.

It should run and idle. once it warms up you may have to fine turn the high usually CCW 1/8 turn more. If you turn it over 1/2 turn you may have to go back and adjust the low. If that still don't work then you either have a vacuum leak (seals in the carb., carb mount screws loose or carb. base seal leaking, cracked fuel hose from the tank to the carb. or plugged up fuel filter that will not let enough gas being sucked up to the carb. when the diaphram fuel pump draws it.

o
RE: how to adjust the L and H on a 2150 Poulan chainsaw?

Turn both L & H C.W. into seat lightly(So they are just bottoming out).
Then back BOTH screws back out CCW one turn.
Don't touch the High screw anymore.

Adjust the L screw to get the saw to idle correctly.the other screw that adjust the idle speed may also require adjustment ...

Note: If you turn in the H screw beyond one turn from seat,you are starving the cylinder for gas and oil mixture and can sieze the saw ! Jim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here