Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
khopew

Help buying pressure washer

khopew
12 years ago

Hey everyone,

I hope I'm posting in the right forum, I tried to do some searching but didn't find anything similar that was recent. I'm looking for any advice or experience on buying a pressure washer, I don't know a lot about what to look for in one. (other then psi)

We are looking to spend around $300, and I know that's not going to buy anywhere near the best washer, but I'd like to find the best in that price range. We are mainly looking to wash the vinyl on our house, gutters, the decks, a patio, and we have a aluminum sided travel trailer we'll wash occasionally too. So nothing too big, just average seasonal cleaning.

I was hoping to find one at Lowes since we have a Lowes card and could get the extra %5 off, but after looking on their website just now I saw some pretty bad reviews on the washers under $400. So I'm not so sure that's where we want to buy one.

Thanks for any help in advance! :)

Comments (7)

• gator_rider2
    12 years ago

Around 2600 psi wash anything want wash a gas powered be best on this high pressure. All ones that cheap 300 400 Electric are not good but you can get lucky and electric will last that's on cheap if buy from place like wal-marts and keep box came in when brakes box back up go to service department exchange for another just like it you need driver licenses at counter they ask you if know where new ones are located in store you say yes and go back to isle pick new up back to counter they scan codes you pick up new replacement an out store you go. Don't ask for money back you need a payed recipe to get that money. As long as have that brand you exchange it over and over as long keep up with Box.

• khopew
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the info. I know we want gas powered for sure, not electric. We have looked at several around 2700 psi in the $300, even up to the $400 range, but that's out absolute max and we'd rather be closer to $300.

Does anyone have any brand names or specific models that they know are good? I'm assuming models with honda engines are the best choices, sound right?

thanks all!

• rcmoser
    12 years ago

what ever you buy don't start it up without water running through it getting all the air out. If you let it run dry you will burn it up. Never start it up with on water purged through the pump and lines. another thing don't let it set over min. without shutting it off if you expect to get long service out of it. Most pressure pump housing hole small amount of oil change it at end of season.

• exmar zone 7, SE Ohio
    12 years ago

FWIW I was considering buying a pressure washer, but decided it would be another "wonderful thing" in my barn with all the other "wonderful things."

For my purposes I rent once or twice a year and that has worked well. Group your tasks and it's done. Also, small engines that sit and don't run for weeks and months aren't happy, particuarly with the gas currently available. Also, at the end of the price range you're looking at, probably imported, parts are going to be difficult, blink your eyes and a couple of years have gone by and parts are now impossible.

Rent it, it's the machine you really want and is ready to rock and roll, any problems take it back.

Good luck,

Ev

• hawkeyechuck
    12 years ago

Briggs & Stratton makes almost half of the pressure washers seen at Lowes, Sears and other big retailers. They have a good warranty and aren't outrageously expensive. It depends whether you want heavy duty (horizontal engine powered), light duty (vertical engine powered or task oriented (electric).

Here is a link that might be useful: Pressure Washers

• Frey2207
    9 years ago

Knowing how consumer reviews of products to buy is very important. Including plans to buy pressure washers. Consumer Reviews is one important consideration aspect of

the few aspects of pressure washers buying guide, which is always recommended by the expert pressure washers.

Cleaning gutters, vinyl houses, decks, and aluminum sided travel trailer, it is medium cleaning jobs. So when you have to prepare the money around $ 300 it is the

right step. Because some of the pressure washer for cleaning medium duty for sale through online stores are usually around $ 250 to $ 350 for an electric type.

Lowes is the right place to shop online safely . But if you can not find products that match your criteria there, then you can visit the biggest online store Amazon.

In the Amazon , there are many new choices of pressure washers from leading brands. The price is very competitive, free shipping, friendly service support, and all

products have an official warranty , and you can also get great reviews from verified customers there.

Here are some of the best choice of pressure washers Amazon most recommended by consumers around the world :

Karcher X Series K5.740 2000 PSI :
    - 2000 PSI @ 1.4 GPM
    - Karcher Axial Cam Pump-
    - 120 V single-phase Induction Motor
    - Maximum Cleaning Units 2800

PowerPlay PeressureJet PJR 2000 :
    - 2000 PSI @ 1.4 GPM
    - Annovi-Reverberi Aluminum Axial Pump
    - 120 V Universal Motor
    - Maximum Cleaning Unit 2800

Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 PSI :
    - 2030 PSI @ 1.4 GPM
    - Wobble Pump
    - 120 V 14.5 Amps Universal Motor
    - Maximum Cleaning Unit 3572

If you intreasted in knowing the details of all the best pressure washers for sale , please visit my blog , there you will get a free exclusive review which will guide you to get the best product.

Here is a link that might be useful: Best Electric Pressure Washers For Sale Reviews

• ronulf98
    9 years ago

How about snap on brand, 2000 psi series I think enough to through away the dirt, an make your vinyl and your decks more clean, learn about snap on pressure washer through this links :

Here is a link that might be useful: Snap On Pressure Washer