Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
McCulloch Mac 10-10 Fuel Mix?

Posted by danapase (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 14, 08 at 13:24

My dad has a mcculloch mac 10-10 chain saw that he bought used about 20 yrs ago. He's been trying to find a manual online, but only came across a parts list. He was hoping it had a little more information, but says the schematic is helpful. The main thing he wanted to know is the fuel mix.

Can anyone tell me the appropriate fuel mix for the Mac 10-10?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: McCulloch Mac 10-10 Fuel Mix?

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 15, 08 at 9:11

The manual recommended 16:1 but that saw was built before modern 2 stroke oil was available.IMHO, 40:1 would be a good place to start with quality brand name oil such as Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, etc.More will likely foul the plug.

o

I wouldn't go less than about 32:1 ...........you are much Better to foul a plug than to seize the piston............

o

40:1 will work perfectly fine in that saw. My frieind has a 10-10 Mac and has been running 40:1 Optimol or Stihl 40:1 oil in it for a few years now in this hot deep south temps and the saw does just fine.

o

my mac 3200 says to use 40:1

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here