Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i didnt winterize my troybuilt pressure washer!

Posted by nick46304 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 21, 10 at 13:33

So i deployed to afghanistan at short notice around october last year, and i just got back.. i had some time off so i wanted to clean the cars.. when i got the pressure washer out and starting using it... i wasnt getting any pressure at all. and i noticed that the water comming out was extremely hot.. the motor was heating up real bad... so i took the pump off and looked to see if i saw anything in there. i didnt see anything clogging or anything, but i just cleaned it up a little bit and put it back together. still no pressure... when i let it run for a min or so, and then press the trigger it would have a little pressure built up but then thats it..

So if anyone knows what i might have to do or replace that would be great!@ Thank you Its a troybuilt with a honda gcv 160 on it. only a year old!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i didnt winterize my troybuilt pressure washer!

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 21, 10 at 16:06

If you have it hooked to cold water as you should, you needed to run it for a while to get the water that hot. That suggests the unloader valve is stuck probably due to mineral buildup. It may or may not be repairable, many axial pumps are now throw away with no service parts. I hope you didn't leave it with water in it where it could freeze.

o

the thing is i didnt run it for more than like 5 min and the water was reallly hot. what does the unloader valve do? i noticed water comming out of the bottom out of somekind of small outflow. ive never seen it come out of before

o

the thing is i didnt run it for more than like 5 min and the water was reallly hot. what does the unloader valve do? i noticed water comming out of the bottom out of somekind of small outflow. ive never seen it come out of before

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!