Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stupid wheelbarrow wheel problem. :(

Posted by magnoliasouth 8b - Mobile AL (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 14:09

Okay, so my wheelbarrow tire once again went flat. I'm sick of flat tires and replacing them so I decided to get a flat free tire. I bought the right size and everything. So far so good.

I sit down to put it on and realized (oddly, for the first time) that the pin which goes through the wheel (the old wheel) and attaches to the wheelbarrow via bolts, will not come out of the old wheel. It simply will not budge.

This is an ancient wheelbarrow that I bought at a yard sale. I had never noticed that it was a stationary pin before.

So now I'm at a loss on what to do. I don't even know what that pin is even called, so I can search for a replacement. Can you even get a replacement? I saw some axle replacement kits, but they either are only the bolts or are conversion kits, which I don't want.

If so where would I get it? Lowe's doesn't have them or so they say. Same for Home Depot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Update!

Never mind. I did manage to get that pin off. I guess it was just so old and rusty, it was trying to pretend to be stationary. lol!

o
RE: Stupid wheelbarrow wheel problem. :(

Shooot It!! Then, Please send a link or Pic showing the problem. I c/n believe that this is not a large bolt and nut job. loger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here