Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Olympics 2010

Posted by ewalk (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 4, 10 at 15:22

Hellow all , just back online from Vancover ! What a Experience ! I have previously been to a Winter Event in 1988 Calgary . But have to admit this was the most thrilling time that this Old-Timer has witnessed . Primarily I was to
visit my Son and his Family just North of Vancover and try to follow the Ice Hockey Events as much as possible . Little did I Know that my Son and his In-laws had purchased an Entire Block of the Medal Round for the Hockey ! We also had time to buy a few Tickets to the Short Track and Long Track Speed Skating . The Weather was Super for Spectators up the Mountain , but less than Stellar at the Base Events . I imagine you all saw how the Fog wreaked havoc with the Snow Boarders and Alpine Skiers. The Cross County Events went on unaffected , but you had to feel for these Competitors with the - 40 F temps . Well I must admit with all the confusion and less than normal (Winter Temps) the World Wide Spectators were more than World Class , even with the Pre-Olympic Training Fatality on the Luge Track . Anyhow I'am back and still unwinding from a rather condensed two weeks ! That Hockey Gold Metal Game was Heart Wrenching for both Canadian and American Fan's , but a Game I'am so appreciative to have been able to attend , has to be the highlight of my Life as far as Spectator Sports for this (Life Time ) !!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Olympics 2010

What an excellent Olympics to attend. I'll assume you are Canadian ewalk, and my hat is off to y'all. I wish the US could put on as good of a show as Canada consistently pulls off.

Win or lose, that hockey game was extraordinary!! I don't watch hockey but I did watch that game. My wife was at working at the hospital and she came home saying they were all gathering around TV's in patients rooms to see the game. The US has their memory of the '80 dream, I'm glad Canada got this one. Although I would not have been at all sad if the US had won ;)!

Congrats on a shining Olympics. Some of the best, saddest and memorable moments.

o

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 4, 10 at 21:54

Yeah, it was some party. We would like to have gone down town for at least a short while to share the excitement but milady has osteoarthritis and it would have been too much for her. The curling gold was a highlight for me, I am acquainted with Kevin Martin.
The hockey finals were something else but I would prefer to see amateur players at this level. I believe it would make more countries competitive. There are really only five or six teams competitive under the current format, the Swiss had a great run but let's be realistic. The final was the Canadian NHL all stars vs the American NHL all stars.

o

Mas: "I'll assume you are Canadian" actually Born in Pa. and raised in Primarily in Canada Bro ! As for the American's putting on a Show I still fondly remember the American Squad at Lake Placid giving it to the Russian's on the Chin . Also how about how the General Manager (Brian Burke) of the American Teams Courage having his Son Killed just prior to the Olympics.
CG: I hear you Dude as for the Arthritis , I have Lep Hip Replacement Surgery Scheduled for April . Anyhow I'am Glad I got to see the Best Play on the Slopes and the Ice . If Gary Bettman gets his way the NHL will have to sell it's Collective Soul for him to allow another Pro to attend Russia's Olympics . Unless the Paritiy becomes evident at the Next Womans World Championships , they will not participate in Russia either according to the IIHF .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here