Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's the best leaf mulcher out there?

Posted by gingo 4 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 25, 09 at 15:34

I am looking for a leaf mulcher, not the vaccuum type, but the stand-type that you put leaves into. I want to use them for mulching.

I want one that works - seems like reviews on them are mixed. Has anyone got advice on this?

Thanks a heap (of mulch)!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's the best leaf mulcher out there?

I use a MacKissic shredder-chipper because it has a hammermill design that can process a wide variety of materials and you can get accessory screens for it to control the size of the particles that come through. It comes with a standard 1-inch screen, but I purchased several additional screens. I use the " and " screens a lot in order to get a fine textured product. I got the optional handle so I could pull it around by hand. It is sort of like a big toy wagon and not too hard to pull on relatively level ground. I took a pass on the optional bag kit. I just scoop the pulverized product out from under the machine with a shovel and dump it into a big plastic basket for transport to a compost bin or to the garden for use as a mulch or garden path covering. You can find more information about current MacKissic products at the MacKissic website. I am not associated with MacKissic in any way except as a satisfied user of their products (I also have a Merry Tiller from them.)

ZM

o

• Posted by gingo 4 Minn/4 Idaho (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 26, 09 at 9:02

I'd never heard of that one before. Do you think it mulches enough that I can use the end product for mulching my gardens? Also, is it gas powered?

P.S. Thanks so much for the info, I'll look it up.

o

gingo,

"Do you think it mulches enough that I can use the end product for mulching my gardens?"

Yes. I have a MacKissic shredder-chipper and it has been very effective at processing leaves into ready-to-use garden mulch. It is also very useful for processing leaves and other stuff for rapid composting.

"Also, is it gas powered?"

Yes. You can click on the hyperlinks in my message above for a lot more information.

ZM

o

• Posted by gingo 4 Minn/4 Idaho (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 1, 09 at 10:05

Thank you all so much for the info. I have found the MacKissic and will be ordering one soon.

o

The Works leaf mulcher is really good. It isn't too big, doesn't look like an ugly piece of construction equipment, and it does the job well!

Here is a link that might be useful: Leaf Mulcher

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here