Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sensation self-propeled Mower

Posted by shortlid Derry, NH (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 19, 08 at 18:21

I have a older commercial Sensation mower with a 187cc Briggs enhine on it. It is rear wheel drive and has a aluminum deck. Can parts still be found for this unit? It is built very well and I would like to keep it running.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sensation self-propeled Mower

Never say never but good luck. Sensation has been out of business for about 20 years. They were stout machines and areas that had dealers for them sold many to commercial users. The guy I worked for when starting in this business sold them and about half of his commercial users had them, the rest had Snappers. They just never got the wide spread dealer support to stay in business.

Bobcat made a similar mower, designed by the same guy, but drive was different. Bunton also had one similar but I believe both of those had a reverse PTO off the engine and the rest of the drive was a bit different. The Bobcat was a true 21" while the Sensation was more like Snapper that is called a 21" but really 20 1/2". Sensation and Snapper blades will interchange as long as you replace the blade adaptor with it.

o

Thanks for the reply especialy the Snapper blade interchange. I am gussing I can get parts for the B&S vertical 4 hp all day long it is just the hard parts for the drive and mower that are hard to get!

o

The drive in particular because other then the blade which can be substituted there isn't much else you'll need. Unless it had some extensive comercial use that wore out the tires. Well I guess I forgot the bag. Think you can still get the bag material through some aftermarket sources.

Yeah, we substituted Snapper blades even when the mower was still being made. The Snapper blade draws a lot more air. Also the Sensation adaptor used anti spin nubs that easily broke off. We sold a ton of those adaptor hubs.

o

Well the rear tires are worn to slicks due to heavy use over the years. Drive works well, does not slip. Bag is in great shape!

o

been looking for rear wheels with no luck! Is theer a way to seperate the rubber and replace on the soild rear steel wheels?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here