Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

What is the avg wt or size of a stick of your seasoned firewood

loger_gw
10 years ago

1. What is the avg wt or size of a stick of your seasoned firewood and type? My back c/n keep up with my past oak and pecan woodâÂÂs wt this season. IâÂÂm headed for rehab this week to try and get my back pain under control. Usually walking 2 mi, 5 wk days along with other work kept me in good shape. Not this winter due to my past 4 mi walks during bad weather were stopped in the Mall (by my vertigo and outside has been limited in the cold).

2. I felt the need and reduced my log approx 12-15lbs seasoned one yr by splitting to quarters or halves (plus cut some of these in half before burning if my body dictates). These sizes w/n hold good coals overnight, plus I had to give up full back-sticks that would due to wt. I almost need to split my wood more listening to my back and arms (stacking green and burning seasoned). Some wood I see for sale seems split excessively small (approx 4â dia vs my 6â if I quarter a 12â dia log or split 8â dia in half).

3. I know my fireplace is less efficient vs a stove. My un-insinuated steel exposed back, 9 stainless 2â tubers (opened to the back), 7 above and 2 below the fire, glass doors and damper helps gain and control some efficiency.

Comments (2)