Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hand Held leaf Vac Choices

Posted by scotty_s15 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 2, 11 at 20:56

I've fixed my good ol' Homelite blower-vac for the last time!
Considering a new gas powered hand-held vac, or blower/vac that will primarily be used as a vac. The Troy-Bilt TB310QS looks appealing, but some mediocre-at-best reviews makes me hesitant.
Any other options or recommendations? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hand Held leaf Vac Choices

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 3, 11 at 13:31

Just sharing some info, not suggesting you go the way I did. 'couple years ago, decided to buy a blower/vac as a means of removing CPB (potato beetles) from my potato plants. They'd developed an immunity to all (at that time) dusts and similar traditional remedies. Worked fine in the Vac mode, not only sucked the little --------- up, but the grinder made short work of them.

Since this was an experiment, didn't want to spend a lot on it. Discovered that Amazon sells reconditioned Ryobi units with a year warranty pretty cheap. Ordered the ZR08510, don't recall what I paid, but it wasn't much.

Having now found a better CPB remedy, the Ryobi just sits in the barn and I start it occasionally to blow out the barn and my brother borrows it every fall for a couple of weeks to blow leaves off his patio, under the carport, etc. It's been almost 3 years and it works fine.

Just some info.

Ev

Here is a link that might be useful: reconditioned ryobi

o
RE: Hand Held leaf Vac Choices

I've just gone through the same process. I've had an Echo blower/vac for several years; it works fairly well as a blower and 'OK' as a vac (it clogs fairly easily). The way I use it requires a lot of changing back and forth between blower and vac, and Echo's design for that is primitive and annoying.

Anyway, I've been searching, and IMHO the best I found was the Stihl SH-86CE.

I don't know for sure yet, because it won't be here until next week, but I think it will be a great tool. If you haven't already looked at Stihl, check it out.

Gary

Here is a link that might be useful: Blower/vac

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here