Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Multi-use tools

Posted by cbiscuit none (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 5, 14 at 21:49

I am looking at a Stihl KombiSystem, Husqvarna, Echo PAS, or RedMax Maxtreme for home use. Can someone provide their thoughts on these models? Pros and cons of each?

A lawn care pro friend recommended the RedMax, but it's not popular in my area. A buddy has a Kombi 90, which also seems to be the more recommended system. Echo seems most economical. Are the higher priced systems worth the difference?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Multi-use tools

Try Multi-use tools in the search box at the top which shows some info.

o

Does anyone know about echo trimmers having issues with their carburetors?? My friend just told me that he found the carburetors on the noncommercial echo trimmer to be more of a throw away. I am pretty disappointed I didn't realize this before I bought it. Now I think I want to trade it back in for a combination trimmer/hedger tool instead. I only used it once at the very end of last season.
Thanks!

o

I did the search function before I posted, but maybe I didn't do it right. I didn't really see any discussions about the multi-use varieties of the trimmers, not comparing those four to each other.

o

I d/n look deep into the search’s info for details. Possibly you saw what I open at the link below which now includes your post.

Good luck with your challenge. I had a split shaft Green Machine from the 80s possibly (string and hard blade trimmer/edger) that is running today. I modified the machine to a longer shaft hard blade only to allow me to stand straight and edge faster.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tools/msg1108043528350.html

o

Excuse my 1st link if it d/n lead you to the info I saw. It has not worked as 1st posted and tried. I might have found the error if the link below shows some info.

http://search.gardenweb.com/search/nph-ind.cgi?term=Multi-use+tools+&searchfor=gw

This post was edited by loger on Tue, Mar 11, 14 at 13:17

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here