Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AmPro tiller parts

Posted by stan-2009 S.C. (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 13, 09 at 22:00

I have an AmPro Pro Til tiller that I need parts for I have serched the internet for hours trying to find parts for it,with no luck it is a mod.#500907r made by American Products Co. in Raymond Miss. bought new in 1985 by older couple that gave it to me .Need tine control cable Can anyone Help me with any Ideas Thanks P.S. love this Site

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AmPro tiller parts

HI!
i also have an am-pro. mine is a model #500681.it is labeled a QWIK-TIL.maybe we could exchange pix of our machines and find you a solution to your problem. i believe we are alone in this as i have spent countless hours online just looking for a tiller like mine and yours was my only hit so far.i tried to upload a photo to the site'sgallery but can only get photo at 562 kb and max is 500 kb. anyway mine works great! hope to hear from you

o

Stan if close to savannah Georgia and cable bigger than unverisal choke or control cable there place that can not think name that make cable. Industrial stores can help on lower end control cables there cable that pull out and twist to lock is that what have most home owner cables be kind buy longer and cut to lengh you need napa may have a listing in there books. Knowing lenght and size of wire in cable helpful and handle type.

o

I have a protil model 500703 8hp self drive and im unable to find replacement tines.The machine performs great,hate to take it out of service

o

i just bought a used Pro til rear tine tiller that is in good shape but does need a couple of parts (air filter). If anyone finds parts please let me know. It seems like a heavy duty machine with a 6.5 horse kohler motor.Thanks for any information you might have.

o

I'm also looking for parts for my Pro til model 500779 please let if anyone knows of parts for it.

o

• Posted by Rubo none (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 12:27

Same boat. I have model 500808 AmPro Pro Til with 5hp Briggs and counter rotating tines. I am in need of a pulley, belts and new cables. Seems like if this many people still use these old tillers, parts would be available somewhere. From what I have found online, MTD ended up buying this company. I wonder if they have parts. Anyone tried them?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here