Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what to buy for painting.......

Posted by rbigg (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 21, 11 at 22:27

I have zip knowledge of what I'm asking.

I'd like to know of maybe two or three things (brands/models) I can find in pawnshops or craigslist that will give me the capability of painting my house, and huge deck. I have no idea of prices these gadgets will bring. Suggestions welcome

I will do pieces of it at a time. No big deal.

What I'd like to have is the thing that I can put extensions on (6'), and paint pretty good swaths with it. I think one thing I'll use is oil base stains for the deck, and maybe latex for the house.

Your thought will be welcome....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what to buy for painting.......

On option would be Wagner power painters. They come in several sizes, I just painted my house last summer in 6 hours using 7 gallons of paint. I put it on extra thick. The one I got had 25 foot hose and two gallon hopper on the top. Start out price around $200 plus bucks or may find them cheaper on Ebay new in the box.

o

A word to the wise: Paint house first/ deck second!
Over-spray is hard to control, especially if any wind. Move or cover cars, or anything you don't intend to paint! Cover windows/doors! Wear paint mask! Not those little white paper masks!

o

I have 2 of the Wagner wide area painters. 1 has a backpack container which is great for house painting. Honestly, when I bought it- I thought it would be one of those tools I'd use to paint the house and toss because it would be junk when I was done. But no, it painted a 2 story house + 3 out buildings, several other projects. Not as temperamental as i expected after seeing all the problems my BIL has w/ his pro air sprayer. Keeping any sprayer clean seems to be the key. I bought a second refurbished as I had to spray a tie coat which had to be followed up with a top coat quick and in a hurray before the 1st coat dried. You can get different nozzles for different applications.

o

,WAGNER 770 0515000PAINT CREW POWER PAINTER SPRAYER $189 (goggle if interested) has light weight sprayer handle with 25 foot hose, two gallon hopper. I was also very pleased with it's quality and preformance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here