Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
drill press

Posted by popcornhill (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 4, 10 at 22:28

Has anyone ever heard of a Amrox Drill Press. It is made in Taiwan. I have a 1981 model ad-12. Really heavy. Must have cost a ton to ship over here. I need some sort of owners or operators manual. Tks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: drill press

Never mind....found a manual from a northern tools drill press that is almost exact to mine. Well if this don't take the cake.....not only talking to myself, but answering my own post!

o

Gee, ya didn't even give us time to answer! Some of us have to work, or travel, or lolly-gag at the local watering hole!
My Brother in law bought one of those drill presses made in China. I tried to drill holes in a piece of 3/8 steel stock, and it almost foundered it!
Speaking of drill presses--i have one, in my garage out back of the house, that is probably a hundred years old! It has a big, round, spoked wheel on top of the main drill shaft, and a large hand-crank on one side, with the chuck being big enough to hold a large shanked drill bit. Came with my house when i bought it. Roof doesn't leak, so its still ok!

o

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 8, 10 at 21:39

Previous owner was likely scared of trying to move the monster. Those things are heavy.

o

Hello Rusty and Canguy....I don't do a lot of hole drillin. But I do not weld so I have to improvise sometimes when working on my garden tractor and implements. Or other little do dads around here. I bought my drill press off of craigslist and man it was shorenuf heavy to load by myself. If it ever falls on me the next hole drilled will be six feet down in the dirt!! First thing I did was to try and get some rust off of it. So naturally I unscrewed the return spring. Man that was a mistake. But finally, after several attempts I got it back on and working. Tks men and have a good day.......Dayton

o

Rusty , the next thing your going to tell us is that the Truck your driving has Big Wooden Spoked Wheels Too ! lol .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here