Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help with Tips and downloading a Manual, Murray Select Rid

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 22:33

Please help with Tips and downloading a Manual, Murray Select Ridding Mower.

1. Please share tips you know of related to this model or general for a beginner on a ridding mower.

2. A downloaded manual would be most helpful in up-keeps, sharpening and basic adjustments.

3. The owner is saying he has not found a manual to download. Do you know of one that will download?

4. Info engraved on the back has him questioning it being “A Recondition Mower”. What’s your opinion?

5. What year model is the MFG # dictating? What info is the Mod # dictating, which is hard to find? I must say this is my first 11HP Briggs to notice.

6. Would this small mower tow a 14’ Aluminum Boat, 70s 40 HP Eng & Trailer on a flat yard w/o damages?

Thanks In Advance!

photo 11HPMurraySelectRiddingMower_zpsa18dc3cf.jpg

photo 11HPMurraySelectRiddingMower4_zps57f2b8a0.jpg

photo 11HPMurraySelectRiddingMower3_zpscf63b96f.jpg

photo 11HPMurraySelectRiddingMower2_zps0f130356.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help with Tips and downloading a Manual, Murray Select

I know that this isn't what you were looking for, but I couldn't even find this easily so perhaps these exploded views and parts lists would be of some use. I see that the first parts list says this is a 2001 model.

Here is a link that might be useful: exploded views

This post was edited by chas045 on Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 9:32

o

The engine CODE tells when it was built. If original, it'll probably be a "couple" months older than the mower.
YYMMDDzz

I would guess from the mower MFG. date, it was the 66th day of 01.

o

Thanks! chas045 and bill_kapaun. We have had a good quick challenge finding info on the 40.00 mower that seems worth the money. He rode it on the block before I followed him 4-6 blocks home. We found 1-2 manual series that we feel will be close enough info. The new owner wondered if the Mod # related to Major Customer (Home Depot, Craftsman, Etc) since it had a Customer ID #?

Most of all, we have not seen any real issues vs not getting into 5th full position and recommended method of blade sharpening. Such as: 1. Shift linkage coupling adjustment tips. 2. Can the blade be basically sharpened vs heavy grinding on the mower (tipped on side or Etc)?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here