Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Used BCS

Posted by tbayly Indiana (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 12 at 22:44

Any advice on whether or not to buy a used Mainline Commercial Mountaineer II with Acme 10HP engine? It's not run for five to ten years. Has 30 inch mower and tiller and blade. Owner wants $1500. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Used BCS

If yer last name is Rockefeller, go ahead and take the chance! If not. and is just an American known name, that would be like buying a "pig in a poke"!
I'd ask why it hasn't been run, or tried to make run in all that time.
As for me---NO WAY! There must be something wrong with it. Remember the old guy--P. T. Barnum? Remember what he said? "There is a new sucker born every minute"!

o
RE: Used BCS

Hey,

First of all, this is NOT a BCS. Mainline imported BCS from the mid 70's to 1982. After 1982, Mainline started importing SEPs. When Paul Sullivan died, so did his company. NO ONE is supporting SEP machines in the US. On top of that, Kohler bought Acme for thier diesel division (Lombardini) and knocked the gasoline division in the head. No parts support for the Acme (except for Earth Tools, but only as long as the NOS parts hold out).

That said, I'd stay away.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here