Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troy-bilt bronco tiller HELP!!!

Posted by luckymeuc none (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 28, 11 at 23:02

Major idiot alert here!!! I have had my dad's Troy-Bilt Bronco tiller (I hope he isn't on this forum) for the past year. He told me it had a small leak of the gear oil for the tiller. I checked what I thought what was where the gear oil went today (it looked very low) and filled it up with 90w gear oil. I fired it up and it ran like a scalded dog for aprox 8 seconds before filling my shed with white smoke and then stopped. I'm sure you have figured out by now that the gear oil was errouneously placed in the motor oil reservoir and all the way to the top for that matter. When try to restart it, i am unable to get any pull from the chord. Did I destroy the motor and is there anything I can do for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I know I'm an idiot, so those comments really aren't necessary at this point.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troy-bilt bronco tiller HELP!!!

Oil was pouring out of the carburetor too. Any ideas what a repair like this would cost?

o

I think you need to fess up to dad and let him handle it!!
Mike

o

Take plug out pull rope should blow oil out spark plug hole them pour small amount 2 tablespoons gas in sparkplug hole pull rope serval times blow gas oil out. Then install plug try crank engine if runs let run for 15 minutes so smoke oil from engine and muffler half throttle. Leave air filter off its no good oil to much oil. And correct oil level before start engine. If take spark plug out can't pull rope overhaul engine. You need new plug and air filter so test engine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here