Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old Montgomery Ward (Gilson) Tiller Model 39032 D

Posted by steve3833 75089 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 28, 07 at 23:48

Does anyone have a manual or know the proper configuration to re-install the drive belt on this tiller to get both forward and reverse to work? For that matter what the right size replacement belt would be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Steve in Dallas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old Montgomery Ward (Gilson) Tiller Model 39032 D

Steve-
I have pdf copies of older Gilson (MW) tillers I can send. One is for rear tine, the other two are front tine models. Each file is about 500k in size.
Let me know if you want them.
Ralph

o

My Dad just found 2 Montgomery Ward Garden Mark Lawnmowers with 4hp B&S motor. One is completely in tact, although not running. The other is missing a few parts... Know who might be interested in something like this? Or where I can get more info about them? the model number is TM020A.

o

looking for configuration for belts (two) on Gilson tiller old MW. forward reverse ?

o

I need two belts for a Gilson Tiller. The model # is 5118248247. I also need a phamplet to tell how to replace them.

o

I received a request from Superhog for a rear tine manual. I have no way of replying to you. Please provide an email and I will forward

o

i need info on old montgomery ward tiller model 39032d i need to reinstall belts and not sure how to i would like any help if possable thanks brad

o

Hi,
I have a tiller Mont Ward model GIL-39007A. The problem is that I put apart the Idller arm assembly and link and now when I assmbled it the link seems too short even with belts off.Everything seems in place but stiil the link seems short by two and one half inches.
Any help is greatly appreciated.I can send pictures.
Thanks so much.Mslelo

Here is a link that might be useful: old montgomery ward tiller

o
parting out GIL 39032 D

GIL 39032D tiller parting out anyone interested? jake
112jdw@gmail.com i am in oregon
oh and lawn boy will send anyone a manual for gilson
brothers products for free (shows belt routing and adjustments)while you have them on the phone ask them for the belt part numbers as they have changed from the originals.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here