Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good nitrile-type gloves that last?

Posted by pearlsonapig none (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 1:19

Any recommendations on gloves that will stand up to heavy use, mainly hand weeding and pruning? I find that I'm running through a pair of the standard nitrile ones in one day. I want to find something cost effective that will last longer, but still allow for good hand sensitivity. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good nitrile-type gloves that last?

I worked in a field where we went through tons of nitrile gloves. None of the ones we had really held up well to rough work. The vary in thickness from about 2.8 to 8 mils, with the thickness increasing as the number goes up. The thicker gloves should last longer, but you give up dexterity with the thicker glove. Thicker gloves also cost more. That said, Amazon has pages of nitrile gloves in all sizes and thicknesses.

o

Of course, Amazon! I can't believe I didn't think to look there. I was eyeing the disposable ones you get by the gross at the hardware store, but the fit is poor. Amazon has a good price on Atlas reg. Gloves. I just bought the Atlas "tough" version and a Wells Lamont pair w/a double nitrile dip on just the fingertips, which are of course pricier but Amazon has a decent bulk price. I will post back if either is sufficiently longer lasting than the plain jane models. Thanks.

o

I have been using a cheap leather palm glove that is thin and supple enough for me to paint my house in. I also use them for yard work and heavy car work. They are a lot easier to take on and off too. Nitriles didnt hold up very well. They also make my hands clammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here