Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troy bilt tiller

Posted by johnjay88 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 15, 10 at 4:07

I recently purchased a Troybilt tiller it has no numbers other than the serial number which is 44663. it has a briggs motor 7 0r 8 hp what i would like to know is what year it was manufactured if anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troy bilt tiller

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 15, 10 at 6:05

Troys were timeless, being identical over many year-periods. In the early 80s, the tiller became a multi-function machine with removable rear end. You'll see the Engage/Disengage lever for the PTO on the left side. Other than that, I don't know them apart.

You might get more useful information from the engine codes.

o

Your serial number to low for engine on machine 44663 would been made last 1972 but engine was only install many years later. So recheck serial number of machine there on transmission top right. There is possiblity some one changed engine if so year 1972.

o

This was the numbers from the top of the transmission , I figured the motor had been changed , is there anywhere i can get a manual for this tiller. Thanks again

o

You go to yahoo troy built group joint as memeber you download file for tiller manual. Are go mtd web site look for troy built tiller and enter your serial number and model numeber as 1. If can find book on ebay manual you be looking for second edition that one have up date parts to moditify like backup disc kits to rubber wheel. Files there troy built group yahoo dot com very helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here