Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Princess Auto Engines

Posted by yukkel 3 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 6:25

Has anyone ever got one of those powerfist engines from Princess Auto?

If so, how did they work for you? Any problems?

I'm considering getting one but a little worried about the quality of them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Princess Auto Engines

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 9:36

Better get at least three so you have a parts supply. Few if any shops will service them.

o
RE: Princess Auto Engines

Most of the time, canguy and I are in agreement but not this time. The Powerfist engines have proven to be quite successful for Princess, according to a contact I have at one store who isn't into BS'ing me about anything.

Secondly, you have the Princess guarantee to fall back on. If you are not happy for any reason, take it back and get a full refund.

As an example, I bought one of their air/hydraulic floor jacks and it developed a leak. When I took it back, I told them that I wanted another one instead of a refund. I was informed that head office pulled all existing stock off the floor because the failure rate of them was unacceptable. So, I had to take the refund and wait until they either got a new supplier or they tuned up the existing supplier regarding quality control.

I don't know what happened but when that style of jack became available again, I bought another one and haven't had any problems.

Another time, I bought a long handled ice chipper/scraper to use in our repair shop. Naturally, someone took it out of the shop and abused it. The wooden handle was broken off right where it enters the steel sleeve. I asked Princess if they had a replacement wood handle that I could buy and the answer was "No. Just bring in the broken one and we will either give you a new one or refund the original purchase price."

So... how do you go wrong dealing with a company that looks after its customers this way? My advice... go buy that engine and stop worrying.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here