Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troy bilt tiller identifcation

Posted by jon_hill23 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 24, 10 at 7:01

I know this has been asked before, but I was given an old troy bilt tiller from my dad with the serial numbers 207707 or 207767 stamped in the trans casing. The numbers were individually hand stamped and on the second to last number it is hard to ID. The tiller is old and has the knobby tires not the tractor style tires. It had no engine and I bought a replacement, so I am really just curious of the year, and possibly where to get a manual. Thanks, Jon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troy bilt tiller identifcation

I just posted to message below info you need

o
RE: Troy bilt tiller identifcation

I bought a old Troy bilt Horse a couple years back. Th-1019 IF-2 with a Tecumsch engine HH60 105115H SER 4108D.
Can anyone tell me the age?

After cleaning the carburator it runs ok while I'm tilling( under load) but the engine races when I lift the tines out of the ground. I suspect the Governor needs adjusted. Does any one know how to adjust the governor or have any other suggestions to prevent the engine from racing when not under load?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here