Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
exmar

Need Pressure Washer info

Hi Folks,

Noticed some mold on the vinyl siding on the North side of the house. In the 10 years since I built the house mold occasionally appeared on the west side where it was easily attacked with a pump up garden sprayer standing no the deck (1 story ranch) The North side however is a lot taller and would require an extension ladder.

Seemed to remember that folks pressure wash Vinyl for this? The solution I have used in the past was 3/4 cup bleach to a gallon of water. Borrowed my brother's Task Force electric pressure washer (he got it at an end of season sale at lowe's for $50) it claims 1600 PSI and 1.5 GPM. Reading the instructions it had dire warnings about adding bleach, chlorine, etc. to the soap dispenser. Is that straight bleach or is a bleach/water solution OK? Alternately, is there an "approved" anti mold PW soap?

Obviously, I know little about these kritters. My experience to date was using a gas powered unit on the dozer, farm equipment, etc. and soap wasn't a big concern.

Also want to do the back deck floor and was going to rent a gas powered unit, now wondering if this electric would do anything?

Any thoughts or opinions welcome.

Ev

Comments (4)