Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gilson Bros tiller information, Anyone? Model 51134B

Posted by steelhed Va (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 25, 09 at 8:52

I was given a Gilson brothers tiller by my father in law, and I got the motor running but the belts were off of it when I got it and i cant get the belt system right. It has a forward and reverse. It is model 51134B. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gilson Bros tiller information, Anyone? Model 51134B

Steelhed, I can't give any direct help, but here are two sources for the info you need:

1. The Clymer repair manual folks have a book on rotary tillers that includes info on your old Gilson (same as some Montgomery Wards models). Perhaps a local library, or used-book store has one, or you can get a new one for about $20 at
http://www.clymer.com/Book.aspx?bid=834&title=Rotary+Tiller+Service+Manual

HOWEVER, I don't know for sure that this book will show you belt arrangement.

2. Gilson was sold to Lawn Boy. Some Lawn Boy repair shops (especially ones that have been around for a long time) still have Gilson manuals, and can get replacement parts. It's worth investigating.

o

I second what 12 gauge said you have Gem in that tiller the tiller advertisment I saw was from 1925 Gilson tiller Gilson started garden power tools they made own parts from castiron.

o

i need to find a belt for a model#5100342860 ser.1742688?

o

I have an owners manual and parts list for a Gilson 51134,
with no letter after it.
If you still need it I can fax or hopefully email it to you.
I just joined the forum today 4/17/12

o

I have a Gilson Plymouth 51111 and looking for info on the belt routing & pulleys.

o
Here are manuals for Gilson Front and Rear Tine Tiller

Got these manuals scanned today. Hope they help those that have been looking for them. My dad got the copy of the 51134 by emailing Toro's customer service. The 51081 manual was with the paperwork of a working model 51134 tiller that was given to him.

Gilson Model 51081 Manual - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9STJ5GP1jRNc3JDbHk4Zm15TnM

Gilson Model 51134 - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9STJ5GP1jRNZjhQVjFQc0JpUWs

B&S Engine manual for models 100200 to 100292 and 130200 to 130292 - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9STJ5GP1jRNeFY0c0lyYkFnQ0U

o

I'm looking for a manual for the following item, manufactured by Gilson, a Plymouth Model # 51000 I'm assuming the 43165 is April 30, 1965, maybe a mistake in the stamping?? Serial # 2781924.

If anyone can steer me to an Owner's Manual or a Service Manual I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

JayGee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here