Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door Opener Craftsman 139.655000

Posted by grall1126 none (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 12 at 9:38

I was able to use my remote on Monday afternoon from within the car with no problem. I clicked on the remote and the door opened. I parked the car in the garage and clicked the button on the receiver unit and the door closed.

I woke up this morning, used the remote in the house to open the garage door and nothing. Changed the batteries, nothing. I don't have a manual and I noticed a bunch of other posts on this problem. It looks like this model garage opener is old. However, do you think its most likely the receiver unit? I noticed something about resetting the remotes? Not sure of the next step. The link below has a replacement receiver unit, would this be correct? what should I do? Thanks

http://www.aclickawayremotes.com/Liftmaster/355LM-Garage-Door-Receiver-315MHz-Conversion-Kit/index.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door Opener Craftsman 139.655000

If the button on the wall still works but the remote doesn't it is likely to be the receiver. I say likely because it could be the remote. The conversion kit will work in that case but you will still have an opener that is at least 25 years old with none of the safety systems of the new openers. I personally would bite the bullet and get a new opener.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here