Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
from pressure washer to sewer jet???

Posted by harveymasons 07083 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 13, 06 at 10:41

Hi guys,

I was looking into getting my main sewer line jetted and when I saw the prices I started to think to myself that I already have a pressure washer capable of 3000 psi. IF I could somehow convert that into a sewer jet I would be golden!!

After speaking to the people @ general wire they informed me that all I would need is a 1/4 x 100 ft high pressure hose and then the sewer jet nozzle and I should be in good shape. Maybe some adapters as well.

So it looks like for under 200 bucks I can turn my pressure washer into a sewer jet that should take care of my situation. I got prices from 350.00 up to 675.00 to have a company come in and jet my line. Which I am pretty sure they would be doing the same thing that I can do if I buy these additional parts.

what do you guys think? I am pretty excited but want to make sure this will work for me.

regards,
harvey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: from pressure washer to sewer jet???

as long as the jet nozzle will FIT to the line it should work. if you have a 4" line and put a small nozzle in there you will not clean the line properly.

o

I rented a machine exactly like what you are making. It worked great on a 4" line. I think it was made by Electric EEL. It is a high pressure hose thay you start in the line and it moves itself along very handy. Just hooked up power and garden hose and it cleaned it right out.

o

A good quality, 100 ft. sewer jetter attachment for your pressure washer costs under $150 to build or buy. There's information about the different options and tips for using a pressure washer sewer jetter at http://www.sewerjetgazette.net

Here is a link that might be useful: Sewer Jet Gazette

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here