Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
McCulloch MT270 strimmer will not run

Posted by motters7 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 07 at 11:14

Hi
My McCulloch strimmer will not run. When primed it will start but stop after a few seconds. If you prime it again it will stop again after a few seconds. This would indicate a fuel supply problem. If anyone has some advice on the problem and how to fix it I would be most grateful,
CHeers
Motters

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: McCulloch MT270 strimmer will not run

SOunds like you may be taking the choke off too soon. Let it run under full choke until it runs unevenly, then try restarting it at half choke.

o

Hi
I have been using the strimmer without problem for a couple of years, this problem has suddenly appeared. It doesn`t matter if the choke is on or off, the strimmer starts, runs for about 3 seconds then stops.
Cheers
Motters

o
RE: McCulloch cabrio 246 strimmer

hi every one i have a mcCullock petrol strimmer and i put it down on the ground and when i came back my boy had pulled all the wires out from the on of switch all the way up to the small engine can any body tell me where they go i dont want to put them any where in case i do any damage to it

o

Motters7,

Look at this post below, it should be very helpful. Post for more help if you do not find your problem within these basics. Good Luck!

Walbro Carb WT-685
Posted by: homegrown55 9 on Tue, Sep 28, 10 at 18:02
20 follow-ups, last one posted on Tue, Oct 1, 13 at 13:20

Johnnie55,

Please post a picture showing your wires.
Plus, you might get jumped for hijacking this post! Since it's not related IMO. Related I can understand even though it’s against rules, Practices, Etc..

o

Johnnie55,

Do you have more than two wires with spade connections? Are the connectors the same exact sizes? IMO this switch is grounding out the fire and I feel the directions on connections do not matter. Even though I have not switched these wires, I doubt you will hurt a thing. Can someone verify my theory or condemn it? Plus, wires will usually point back to their connections if held close.

Excuse me for replying in Motters7’s post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here