Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
powerwasher problem

Posted by edge3502 z6NY (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 12, 10 at 12:02

machine =6.5 Honda Cat engine,with a 2SFX 30GZ pump Unfortunately I lent out my machine to a friend in fall of 2009.I went to use the washer last week,the motor started fine,ran water thru intake and output hoses and powerwasher unit,attached the wand after water circulated thru the sysem there as no presuere at the wand tip.I asked the previous user of the machine and he said it worked fine before he returned it.(believeable).What should I be looking at as the primary problem? and what would be the cost.I looked at replaceing the pump and at the price I could buy a new machine.Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: powerwasher problem

I have a commercial grade electric unit and that sounds like what happened to mine. I replaced the end wand and then it worked fine. Certainly an inexpensive fix. While I was at it, I removed and cleaned/checked the unloader, figuring if the unloader was fixed in the circulation mode the pressure would significantly drop at the wand end.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here