Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
share a link to universal chainsaw's chain/bar tensioners

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 15, 14 at 12:21

Please share a link to universal chainsaw's chain/bar tensioners that fit in the bar vs the case. I adjusted one on a Craftsman Electric (I think). A trimmer's fell off in the yard that I should try to find (LOL). I was given a new WEN 14" Chainsaw w/o a tensioner built Int or Ext.

A good pull by hand will work but I am not a fan of pulling by hand. If you have owned or used a Wen 2400 did you notice the new sprocket move as if it has something to do with the tensioning? When I pull the chain away from below the bar the sprocket appears to flex but the chain and sprocket returns with zero Slack. The parts diagram does not support what I'm seeing, which means I am missing something.

The Wen 2400 (11 amps) appears less than my 12" Mac 3516 Electromatic (10.5 amps) that I'm "Totally Sold On" (cutting cords of Oak and Pecan).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: share a link to universal chainsaw's chain/bar tensioners

What are you asking?

Your post makes no sense at all.

o

“Please share a link to universal chainsaw's chain/bar tensioners that fit in the bar vs the case”.

This would have made no sense to me until I saw the chain/bar tensioners (in the last two years on two new saws). They actually fit in the bar vs in the case to push it out for good tension before tightening the bar for use.

The sprocket slightly moving makes no sense and feel I am stretching the chain or bending the bar.

Thanks for the reply, I hope is clearer.

o

I think you're talking about Oregon Chains "Intenz" system. I pretty sure it was discontinued some years ago.

o

1. I’ll plan to visit Home Depot to investigate today.
2. If needed, I’ll ask the friend that had the new Craftsman with the tensioner for his model #.
3. Please forgive some of my spelling (visable vs visible), some is me or my keyboard or cpu at times.
4. Once fairly new fuel shows moisture, is it suitable for any use once the signs are removed????
5. How old is gas w/o corn too old and signs of bad to use. A neighbor wanted to give me 5 gals.

Thanks To All!

o

OK. You can still get the Oregon 120SP with a Rack & Pinion adjustment.

He threw me a curve when he said.."universal chainsaw's chain/bar tensioners that fit in the bar vs the case. I adjusted one on a Craftsman Electric (I think). " A trimmer's fell off in the yard that I should try to find"..

The only "electric" chainsaw that I have or will mess with is the Oregon CS250E that operates on a 40 volt battery. One of the best saws made for trimming smaller branches in trees.

o

Looking at the Craftsman model # 358.341190 manual online that I adjusted the chain tension on, something was missing. I’m noticing a knob that loosen/tightens the bar and a ring to turn to adjust the chain’s tension. I used a screwdriver and wrench from the side vs a knob and ring.

I’ll move on as I can pry the bar out on the WEN for good chain tension then tighten the ½” nut on the bar. So far the saw can not compare with the Electric Mac but can probably be improved.

I feel the Mac’s 12” bar and chain vs 14” and reduce the clutch’s slip or all will be the Pass/Fail test.

A donated load of Red Oak (attached) I need to get off the ground tomorrow will be a good test if the bar/chain fits.

Have Fun Experimenting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here