Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
infra-red and torch weeders

Posted by bluedog 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 8, 09 at 12:23

does anyone know how effective these are. the infra-red is much more expensive. Is it much more effective?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: infra-red and torch weeders

I have a couple of propane weeders and have found the smaller one to be very slow. The large one goes through a whole tank of propane quickly so I seldom use them anymore.

o

well, i am also looking for a flame weeder, but i don t want a burner. i just would like to stop to use the chemicals, and find a gd solutions. my sister has the Dragon one, and i am not really into this one, cause i have a big garden with many vegetables,and i need to pass between each of them. I saw the JAULENT flame weeder, it looks better, did someone ever tried this products, lets me know if you have any answers.
Thanks in advance.

o

My experience using propane weeders are that they seem to be more effective when used along a rock/ concrete area then in the middle. Same with boiling water. In the garden- how about corn gluten meal? It works as a pre-emergent. Some say you should be looking at what weeds are growing and it will tell you what your soil is lacking. Of course if the weeds are coming in with that not quite done compost....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here