Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Northern Tool Lawn wagon

Posted by rboone7760 none (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 12:43

I have a Northern Tool lawn wagon # 143322, 4 wheels and 1400 lb capacity. The wagon has a hand pull handle however I would like to be able to pull with a lawn tractor.
Does anyone know how to modify the handle so that it can be pulled by hand or lawn tractor?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Northern Tool Lawn wagon

1. I suggest U-Bolting a trailer’s coupler to the handle to match your Lawn Tractor’s Tow Ball. Two U-Bolts, one on handle’s pull and extension.
2. Better! Offset a plate below or above the existing tongue allowing optional use, U shaped (U-Bolted to connect with a Pin & Cotter)
3. Please show a Picture with the handle close to the tractor’s towing area.

o

Here is how the Duroworx 1200 is made and it works fine both ways.
 photo DSCN1703_zpsebdea0a4.jpg

o

slowpoke_gardener: That is a good example of what I had in mind of universal (without excessive work). There might be kits out there for various carts or easily fabricated (as seen).

Good Luck!

o

Thanks for the suggestions. I foune at Amazon what appears to be a direct replacement for my carts handle that can be uaed for hand pulling as well as a lawn lawn tractor.

o

Please post Pic and Etc of what you found at Amazon. This might help others!!! Plus, I would like to see and compare posted info.

Thanks!

o

Gorilla Carts offers a conversion replacement handle for $20.00 to fit their wagons. I suppose it could be modified to fit a NT model. The good thing about it, is the handle can be turn 180 degrees allowing either one to pull in a straight line with the wagons frame.

o

The previous post lists the pull handle that I ordered from Amazon. Gorilla Carts GOR-HDL-DOS Will let you know how it works.

o

I received my replacement handle today and it is an exact replacement, ony difference is color. The current one was red and the new one is black. The new handle appears to be stronger made.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here