Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How often do you change your Air compressor’s oil and Air filte

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 12:48

How often do you change your Air compressor’s oil and Air filter? Unless I get lucky, I have lost my 1972’s model # 106.153542 Sear’s Twin Cylinder Air Compressor’s manual to see the recommendations.

What weight and type of oil goes in Sears twin cylinder air compressor model 106.153542? 30wt HD oil is what I feel I have used vs a 30wt non-detergent. I saw a good discussion of detergent vs non detergent on this site but would like to know what the manual recommend.

1. 70s - 80s when I used it short periods weekly I feel I changed them at least every 2 yrs (mainly cleaning filters).

2. I have not ever seen the oil low or bad looking at the yearly checks.

3. The most frequent check is for moisture in the tank. I added a ¾” galvanized pipe as a reservoir (to help save the tank) and easy draining access.

4. A dated maintenance info tracking board (plastic) is wires to the compressor.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How often do you change your Air compressor’s oil and Air f

Can,t help you with the OEM Operating Manual , but rule of thumb is sae 30 or 40 for most homeowner compressors . I have replaced all my units with synthetic oil either Royal Purple or Amsoil 15-30 for the Great White Norths ambient annual temps. Oil change intervals usually every two yrs along with air filter and dryer elements. I have Cambell Hausfield and a Ingersol Rand units both over 12 yrs old .

o
RE: How often do you change your Air compressor’s oil and Air f

Thanks ewalk! Good hearing from you. My Monster has lasted 40 yrs and I have another identical like new waiting minus the motor if needed. I have stock piled Too Much Stuff over the years. I just loaded my last CTR color monitor today to take to GoodWill tomorrow. I have had over 10 complete computer sys here when I was into that. Now I need my “Closet Space”, Peace Of Mind for my one 3 yr old Granddaughter’s projects.

Take Care!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here