Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troy-Bilt Chipper/shredder Belt

Posted by jdeereford Va (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 13:55

Hi ladies and gentlemen. This is the first time that I have used a forum to glean information from other people with similar intrests. I have a Troy-Bilt chipper/shredder, pto driven, model # 47026. I have all the manuals for it and my othe Troy-bilt equipment. As most people know Troy-Bilt is gone but their equipment lives on. I need a belt for my chipper/shredder part # 1908749. I can't find a cross over for this double sided vee belt. I have not been able to find the specs of the belt either. I bought it new and have used it some but I let a friend use it and a large piece of wood jamed the cutter and burned the belt before the machine could be shut down. Needless to say nobody borrows a Troy-bilt of mine anymore. I use Troy all year long. In the winter it splits wood and spring through fall it tends a 1 acre garden with some help from my old John Deere. Thanks for any help with the belt problem and anyone needing copies of manuals, I have all of mine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troy-Bilt Chipper/shredder Belt

I have several pieces of older Troy-bilt equipment and i've had good luck purchasing belts from Napa Auto Parts stores. The two stores in my area can cross referance the Troy-bilt number to a Napa number. In fact i just replaced the two belts on a Troy-bilt walk behind mower last week.

o

I found belts for Troy-Bilt Chipper/shredder from JayDee
Enterprises Inc at www.jdv-belts.com I purchased belt
PIX-AA55 it's a double sided vee belt and it works fine. Off hand I don't know the price but their email addy is jdvbelts@earthlink.net Hope this helps you out.

o

I have a Trot Bilt Super Tomahawk chipper/shredder.
The question is what should the chipper knife clearance be. If someone could measure it and reply, I would be very grateful. The holes in the main shaft set the flail/chipper location and the old shaft was very bad.
This machine came to me with a bent main shaft and bad main shaft bearing. I had to cut the ends off the main shaft to get the flail assembly out of the machine. I have made a new shaft and it all looks good and should work well.
I am running 1 in shaft bearings on the new shaft and that should improve the life.
If anyone needs a shaft or other machine work done to extend the life of their machine pleas send an E Mail. I also have manuals and numerous sources for parts.
I make flails out of old truck springs and harden them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here