Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mantis Tiller primer bulb problem

Posted by air_raider z7 sc (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 15, 10 at 15:28

Actually it's more than just the primer.I replaced the bulb and fuel filter and the other tubes fell apart during assembly. I removed all the tubes without paying attention to where they lived. I knew I messed up immediately.
Now I need to know if the tube to the primer bulb needs to be deep in the gas or just inside the tank. Where does the check valve go? Also, right now when I push the primer bulb it just stays pushed in.The engine is a SV-4B1E.
Any help at all will be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mantis Tiller primer bulb problem

Get the number off the carb. probably Zama? go to Zamacarb.com should show you diagram of your fuel system. If not goggle how do I change the Fuel lines on my mantis tiller should come up with something?

o

Go to mantis site sent an email and ask Mantis people. Or call the number, let them tell you what engine and model you have and let them point you to the right manual. They have manuals for all the models, problem is they change to 4 or 5 different engines through out the years and you cannot take for granted.

o

Thanks for all the help. After googling for information these past years, it never occured to me there could be a human out there to call. But, I did and all is well.

Still having some priming trouble but am confident all lines are in place. Will certainly resolve that soon.
Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here