Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are the best troybilt replacement tines?

Posted by jelly-man Utah (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 2, 11 at 15:40

I have a 2 troybilt horse tillers. I need to replace the tines. I don't want to buy the custom hardened ones at $250. I found cheaper OEM spec tines from the following manufacturers:
1) troybilt 1901118
2) stens 370-270
3) oregon 84-101
4) rotary 8620
5) ??? B145046
Does anybody know which ones will last the longest and by how much - eg. twice as long or 1/3 longer etc.???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are the best troybilt replacement tines?

The real answer is a good fork and spade and dig as deep as u can, forming a slightly elevaetd bed. Do not walk on the bed, use a digging/planting board. Total xost will be about that of the tines. You can dig a 4' x 25' [100 sf] bed in three hours or so in the worst of soils. Get the compost bed going and mulch the bed. Digging is purely mental and not all that physical. you will be more efficent in your gardening. I muct confess I had an 8 hp hourse for 20 years in fact had two at the end. Put new tines on both and a motor on one and sold them both.

I never found any tines that were very much better than the other. The custom heavy duty stress the pto transmission too much and it will fail over time. The fact is they eat dirt afor a living and wear out fast . I had a good sized garden and bought a new set each year. In 4 years I have dug 60 raised beds 4' x 30 ft each.

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 3, 11 at 6:33

Look on ebay. The manufacturer is in Tennessee and I bought the hardened tines.

o

bolo tines do search on google good price around 112 to 120.00 This one ended but a lot to click on http://cgi.ebay.com/TROY-BILT-TILLER-REPLACEMENT-BOLO-TINES-/260656633062

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here