Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

Will Echo's String Trimmer Motors power Hedge Trimmer Attachments

loger_gw
11 years ago

Will Echo's String Trimmer Motors power Hedge Trimmer Attachments with fair results? I have an Echo PE - 2000 and SRM-210 that are basically not used (except to keep them running as back-ups. If you have had fair results, with one of these combinations (direct to the motor or a split shaft), Please share a link, # or etc. Thanks! loger

Comments (5)

• loger_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The Son-In-Law's Big Stihl Gas Hedge Trimmer might be the solution for the once a year chore. Except, I like to carry my own weight nor borrow power tools w/o the owner present for the use. I think we all can agree we have different values regarding using and caring for tools (you never know what might occur w/o being there). Plus, I feel this is being addressed in a recent post.

• rcmoser
    11 years ago

I feel the same way. I never borrow powered tools due to the fact that you don't know the condition they are in. Might be on their last leg and fail on me and I would have to buy one anyway to replace it. But, that's just me.

• loger_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

As We Speak! I called my best and most trusted Mechanical Friend this morning (we started building VW engines 1968-70 and he still builds his). He was un-loading his Zero-Turn Mower to cut some of his 10 acres per week he cuts during the growing season. Knowing his task I let him go instantly to try and beat some heat and etc here in North TX. He called me back in 15-30 minutes wanting to know some basics as to why his mower would lock-up. Info he has to know but was hoping for a possible simple check and fix from me since he was tired and frustrated.

Naturally, I asked him how is the oil level and if the oil is showing any signs. The Shocker! "I stopped checking the oil since it w/n burning/using any and the dip stick is not showing any oil". I reminded him as he knows, I h/n purchased a mower ever since my personal need starting in 1973 (due to all the mowers that have been given to me w/o a real problem). "My practice is to not started any mower week to week w/o checking oil and gas knowing they should be good". Again! I'll loan him any tool or equipment (truck, trailer, log splitter, saws and etc) I own but try to be present or check it before it leaves.. His Enemy Is Too Much Work To Think!

• rcmoser
    11 years ago

WOW, being mechanical minded you would think he would of known better. Hard lesson learned. IMO after couple of lockups the engine will never be the same.

As you and I know we NEVER crank or trusted equipment without FIRST checking the oil, hydro oil, and gas before going out and mowing for few mins. or hours on end. I am so brainwashed I will even check the oil when I have to put gas in it if I haven't competed the mowing session. But, I'm known to be the oil checking and changing nerd.

IMO if you can get the echo engine on the hedge trimmer it will work.

• rcmoser
    11 years ago

My older toro weed trimmer I think has echo engine with the pull rope off the back of the crank and two barrel carb. That thing has enough power for sure. I think probably the same as echo???