Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
re-starting my chainsaw

Posted by mell_2010 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 11, 10 at 16:49

Hello people out there
This is my first ever question on any blog site, I hope you can help me..
Every time I use my brand new chainsaw after about ten mins .when i turn it off I can not restart it again...
any ideas what im doing wrong,,
thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: re-starting my chainsaw

When you say 'brand new', do you mean brand new to you, or, just purchased 'brand new'?
What is the make/model, and, where did you get it?
Lots of saws these days are tuned a tab lean to meet some sort of EPA criteria.
A lot of guys will have the dealer re-tune the carb to perform better.
HTH

o
RE: re-starting my chainsaw

once a saw is hot you don't need to choke it, other than pushing the primer button once or twice, setting the throttle (but usually thats not necessary when the saw is hot), it should fire right off providing you got the ignition switch on and the saw is not defective.

I ususally hold the saw in one hand with the throttle wide open and push down and pull the rope. Not recommended for the beginner or a heavy saw? you have to be REAL careful where the bar and chain are. Proper way would be to set the saw on the ground, lock the chain with the chain break, set the throttle and choke if cold, flip the switch place you knee on top of the saw behind the handle/chain brake and pull like on "porkie's revenge". A new saw should fire off, if the throttle is set to half open you will have to trip if off to idle, pull back on the chain break and you are read to cut.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here