Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troy-Bilt Horse ID Help

Posted by DCRanger none (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 18:39

Just picked up a used Troy-Bilt Horse on Craigslist. I know it's a Garden Way model but I don't know the year it was made.

Here is the serial # 0950357. Think it's a late '90s model but not sure. It has a Kohler Command 8HP pull start. It's in excellent shape and runs great.

Can you please help determine the year it was manufactured by the serial#? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troy-Bilt Horse ID Help

Add 1970 to the first 2 digits of the engine SN.

o

Thanks Bill. The problem is, I pulled off the air filter cover, and underneath is a silver sticker for the model and serial number, but the sticker is blank where the engine serial number should be. Not sure if there is an alternate location for the engine serial#? Can't believe it's this difficult dating a Troy-Bilt Horse built in the late '90s, especially with the serial number of the actual unit.

o

I discovered a missing digit in my earlier post. There was an extra "zero" in front, so the S/N is 00950357 which shows my Troy Bilt Horse was manufactured in May 1991. Here is a link I found useful for others out there searching.

http://www.weehoose8.com/troyhx.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here