Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help me select an electric string trimmer please

Posted by rosiew 7 GA (rosemarywalsh@bellsouth.net) on
Wed, Apr 13, 11 at 19:02

I'd love to have a gas model, but I'm just not strong enough to operate it. Use a B&D edger which does a good enough job but takes forever - I have hundreds of feet to edge - and Bermuda grass which invades flower beds overnight.

Reading reviews online have me considering Greenworks 21212 but I've never heard of this mfg. Consumer Reports has reviewed the electric trimmers, but I no longer subscribe so can't access their ratings.

Turning to y'all, hoping you've had good service and will recommend to me.

Many thanks, Rosie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help me select an electric string trimmer please

Visit this site at the address below. It has some interesting info on electric trimmers. I know your "Pain" with gas trimmers. Initially (1970s) I felt electric was all I wanted for home use until dragging the cords and damp weather changed my mind. Hopefully, this info will help you. Possibly the new 4-cycle trimmer might be easier to start and manage. I have no research or personal experience. loger

o

loger, thanks for taking the time to write. The link you refer to doesn't show for me. Hope you'll see this note and repost.

Rosie

o

The address did not appear with a line under it which usually means you have to copy and paste it in your Go To window. Try that, it works, I just opened it. Otherwise, run a search on Consumer Report On Electric Grass Trimmers. I hope this works because the info is too large to copy and paste. loger

o

Rosie, Were you able to get the address to open or find other good info on electric trimmers?? loger

o

Loger, I can't access Consumer Reports as I'm not a subscriber. Will go to the library to see it. Man, this place needs trimming big time - fescue growing a couple of inches a day.

o

Copy and past or type this last line into your search web window and select search. I believe you will find plenty info. Better still, you need to search your community for a personal user's opinion and demo. OR! Rent one for your job and personal opinion. I feel the ads on the cordless trimmers will be hard to pass. Be Strong! Keep your goal of POWER in mind.

consumer report on electric grass trimmers

Good Luck! Reply your findings. loger

PS. Also search electric grass trimmers on this site upper right if you have not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here