Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troybilt Pony tiller assistance

Posted by pat.48 none (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 16, 11 at 19:25

I'm looking for carb linkage info or pictures for a Troybilt Pony model# 15009, with a B&S engine Model # 135297
Type 0157 01. B&S Parts list shows a mechanical governor rod but not as part of the carb view. Iconnected it to the throttle bellcrank on the side of the carb and the lower end onto the governor arm. The throttle opens okay when sliding the toothed plastic block to increase RPMs,but doesnt return to the idle stop screw when decreasing speed (sliding the plastic block back to idle). Does the mechanical governor control move the throttle back to idle stop or am I missing something? I've researched B&S, MTD and other websites but still havent pinned down a definitive answer. Help anyone?
Oh yes, I had to start a new forum as Dave Danger's was maxed out. A lot of good info on that one and this is a continuation on its Troybilt forum. Thanks all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troybilt Pony tiller assistance

you need go back to site where found parts list download service manual for that engine.

o
RE: Troybilt Pony tiller assistance

I had a similar problem just the other day with a Troy-Bilt Pony tiller. Mines an older model ('01 or earlier) but maybe this will help you.

The wire that grounds the tiller to turn it off was touching the throttle gear, which was in turn causing the gear to governor spring to not be able to pull down the governor when I lowered the throttle back down. Simply disconnecting the wire from the bottom of the gas tank and rerouting it around and under the gas tank rather than between the engine block and gas tank, then reconnecting it fixed it. That way the wire was not touching any of the throttle mechanism.

Even though the wire was only wrapped below part of the gear, which you would think would not effect anything, it actually effected a lot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here