Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
samsthumb

Brush Master CH3 Spark Plug

samsthumb
9 years ago

I have a 2 year old Brush Master CH3 11 HP Two-way chipper. When I tried to start it this year, it sputtered and stopped. My husband suggested checking the spark plug. When he pulled off the cover for the spark plug, it was difficult to remove and with more effort it came off in pieces (the cover).

We noticed three things. The black rubber and white plastic looking stuff inside the heat shield looked melted. A silver metal (looked like a bolt) inside the cover that we think makes contact with the spark plug came off separately and it was covered in melted, crusty white material (maybe the white plastic stuff that had melted). Third, he said it looked like the spark plug was about half way out to start with. We cleaned the rubber residue and the white plastic residue off and put it back together and screwed in the spark plug. He tried to start it and it fired and sputtered, fire sputtered and stopped, like it wasn't making contact. We smelled gas so we are pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the fuel line. We didn't expect it to run, we were just curious. My question, why did it melt and I can't find a new spark plug cover replacement part listed anywhere. The owner's manual is useless, no engine blow apart diagram, no parts list. Any thoughts?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz