Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
McCulloch FR 2.0 14' Chain Saw,... where do I start?

Posted by xlaxx VA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 08 at 20:55

Well, you guys are gonna laugh at this one.

I was out walking my dog tonight and noted a chainsaw in somebody's trash pile. It is a McCulloch FR 2.0 14" bar Factory Reconditioned Chainsaw. I grabbed it thinking that I might be able to resurrect the saw.
I got it home and tried starting it up,... nothing happened. The motor didn't start. I checked the fuel and it was empty. Not sure where to go from here with it.
Is it worth while to explore or repair it? Where should I start? There is no sweat off my nose to just trash it,... is it worth even looking into? TNX for the help and recommendations. I know absolutely nothing about this saw.

XLAXX

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: McCulloch FR 2.0 14' Chain Saw,... where do I start?

Put it on Ebay, maybe someone will buy it. If you nedd a saw get a real one Stihl, Husky, Echo, Dolmar, Shindaiwa, or Redmax are a few that would work. Steve

o
RE: McCulloch FR 2.0 14' Chain Saw,... where do I start?

I ended up pulling the cover off, zapping it with carb cleaner, checking the plug (BTW, good spark), and holding the pull chord to check compression (which was poor),... still wouldn't start.

I tossed it in the dumpster,...

Will check out the Stihl 118C saws,... I don't need anything major.

TNX
XLAXX

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here