Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troy-Bilt Horse replacement carb

Posted by peterc38 Maine (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 08 at 21:05

Hi,

I have what I think is an early 80's Troy-Bilt Horse tiller w/ 6HP Tecumseh engine. Tiller serial # is 702076. Engine # is HH60 105115H, ser# 3339D.

It has been running rough, I think it needs a carb rebuild or new carb. Does anyone know where to get replacement carburetor?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troy-Bilt Horse replacement carb

TECUMSEH CARB PART# 632213 is only $80 since I know ya priced... Google it. Try your local friendly Tecumseh dealer for a kit or a carb if you like. Just about any Jones on the street can get you one, shouldn't be to hard.

o

I too need a; new carb. The current one was broken during a recent move. I have found the carb on the net but would like to verify that the number in the previous post is correct before I make a purchase decision. Tiller SN 667802, engine tecumseh HH60 10511EH, SER 50550. I found the following number on the carb body, 8083420.

TIA

Larry

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sat, May 22, 10 at 21:04

Unless the old carb is damaged by water-caused corrosion (or physically broken), I have NEVER had one that couldn't be rebuilt.

The rebuilding part is the problem. You'll need some tools and the proper cleaner and some experience.

o

Mine was physically broken and had water-caused corrosion. New ones are not to be found at online stores. I did find a used one at a shop. All ready to go as soon as I get any residual water out of the fuel tank and a new fuel hose.

o

i have an 8 hp model and the carburetor is leaking out gas period towards the back from right under the little lip at the top. What does this mean.

o

I'm guessing your float needle is leaking or something is wrong w/ the loat and causing the carb to overflow.
Mike

o

http://www.ioffer.com/i/tecumseh-carburetor-carb-632230-fits-h30-h50-hh60-208821330 This link to newer number for carb.

Here is a link that might be useful: carb. parts

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here