Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stihl tiller

Posted by sbeuerlein zone 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 2, 10 at 21:37

I have a 2 cycle Stihl tiller with very low hours. Recently, upon shutting it off, it has "burped." Now, it will only run when at full throttle. It immediately stalls if the the throttle is reduced, and then, of course, it backfires. Any ideas? Thanks!

Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stihl tiller

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 2, 10 at 22:21

Idle circuit in the carburetor is plugged. Are you using fresh gas mixed properly with a quality two stroke oil?

o
RE: stihl tiller

The gas is fresh and I use a really good two stroke oil. It seems fairly impossible to keep little bits of dirt and plant matter from appearing in my tanks from time to time, however. Is it easy to unplug the idle circuit? I need this tool for my business and can't really wait on the 4-6 week turnaround time at the shop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here