Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mantis Tiller purge bulb

Posted by Alice40 none (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 22:37

I cannot get gasoline to come into the purge bulb. I replaced the bulb along with a rebuild kit for the carburetor. The purge bulb blows air into the fuel tank but does not suck up fuel into the clear line. The only thing I did not replace was the purge base. Anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mantis Tiller purge bulb

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 25, 11 at 5:54

Was it working previously? Are the hoses hooked up correctly? The hose from the fuel filter hooks on the bottom of the carb, not at the push button. The base of the primer bulb plastic has a one-way valve in it that may be varnished shut. It's about 1/4" in diameter and brass.

o
RE: Mantis Tiller purge bulb

Could your fuel filter, found at the end of the tube in the fuel tank (that's where mine is) be clogged and need replacement? You could try pulling the hose out of the tank with some forceps or needlenose pliers, remove the filter, put the hose back into the tank, and pump the bulb to see if it draws fuel into the carb. If that works, contact Mantis for a new filter. Don't till without a filter cause you can get dirt in the tank and clog up the carb.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here