Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cosmicenergy

In Need of Some Homelite Chainsaw Parts & Advice

CosmicEnergy
12 years ago

I am in need of a new 12" x 3/8" pitch x .050" gauge guide bar, chain, and drive sprocket including bearing for an old Homelite XL2 (serial#: 42833733), but can't seem to get a hold of Mr. Bill Walcott. I have tried calling the phone# he has posted here, both with AND without using a "1" prefix in front of it, but to no avail as of yet. Both ways, there was no answer with just a generic voicemail message afterward. If Mr. Walcott or anyone else can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I am in the Piedmont area of North Carolina, and have called about every place I know of locally. I CAN order from Ebay, but don't really want to wait that long to receive if possible, as I have some fallen trees from a storm to clear.

Also,....am I even doing the right thing here by attempting to keep this OLD Homelite going or should I just get a new saw? The saw is easy to start & stays running great even when hot, but it's hard telling for how much longer. I inherited it from my stepdad, and have no idea WHEN he bought it, but it seems pretty old. I can get a Poulan 14" Model #P3314 at Lowes for $100 (I have a $10 off card):

http://tinyurl.com/3u3paud

Should I just do that instead of switching out the bar and chain on the old Homelite? I only need a chainsaw about once every five years or so to clear out the odd fallen tree or whatnot.

Thanks in advance & all advice appreciated,

Cosmic