Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echo weedeater Runs weak

Posted by knoalebass (My Page) on
Fri, May 14, 10 at 0:44

I have an echo SRM-210. I have replaced the air filter, fuel filter, fuel lines, and put a new carburetor kit in it. It is still running real weak. I used it for 3 seasons cutting 25+ yards a week and have used it the past 3 seasons cutting 3-5 yards a week. I am assuming that I have lost compression in my weedeater. I think the magneto is working good because I get shocked by the plug wire if I touch it with my elbow while weedeating. It starts easily just runs weak. Is it time for a new (bigger) echo weedeater.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echo weedeater Runs weak

Do you feel the compression is low when you pull the starter rope? It useually have quite a resistance.

You use compressed air to blow dry when you clean the inside of the carb? Your trimmer is well used, but I do expect it to last longer though. You try to adjust the carb ( not the rpm). You sure you are not running too lean?

If you are not complaining about the power, why not get the SRM225 again and keep the old one for parts.

o

How many hours are on that trimmer? It may just be worn out. I agree with buying one similar then you have spare parts. Those are good trimmers.

o

Take the muffler out, check to make sure exhaust holes/arrestor screen is not plugged up (I am assuming it has two stroke engine)

o

Just a comment: You should NOT get a shock from touching the plug wire. That indicates that the insulation is cracked or worn, and you're leaking electrical impulses. Try wrapping the plug wire with electrical tape, and see if it runs better.

You might also try running it in a dark area to see if it's "leaking" electricity - you should NOT see any sparking.

o

Do what esemilio suggests for the original problem.
I have a 210 that had the same problem.

Remove the spark plug and plug it with your thumb and pull the cord. if the air pushes your thumb off, then you should have enough compression.
If you changed the carb and still have the same prob, then exhaust is the last stage to get it to work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here