Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chainsaw flooding

Posted by molly3553 none (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 14 at 3:45

I have an MS361 Stihl saw, it was over running so I took the carb off to clean it out and after re fitting, the saw will run for a few seconds then flood. If the saw is then left switched off it will continue to suck the fuel out of the tank till dry filling up the engine then running out of the exhaust. I must have altered something in the carb, it has a new tank filter and I have set carb to factory setting. If I leave this saw for a day it will suck the tank dry and I have to tip the saw upside down for the fuel to run out of the exhaust, plug hole etc. If I turn the saw upside down shortly after fuelling it, fuel will run out of the carb and air filter. I am going mad trying to work out what I have done, any suggestions???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chainsaw flooding

My guess probably the needle or seat or needle not seating allowing the fuel to siphon. awful easy to misalign the seat or spring trying to get the tiny screw started and every thing down correctly.

This post was edited by rcmoser on Mon, May 5, 14 at 17:43

o
RE: Chainsaw flooding

Finally sorted, drove me mad when it would suck the tank dry even without a carb fitted. Very slight cracks in tank to carb pipe. Must have finally cracked when I took the carb off first time . All good now, thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here