Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ryobi SS30 Trimmer Problem

Posted by zoulas (My Page) on
Sat, May 15, 10 at 6:16

I bought this timmer as an HD refurn for $50. Lots of power, runs well. The only problem is that it takes like 12 pulls to start it. In the winter (as a test) it won't start at all. After it starts, it runs perfect all day, its actually real nice for the price. 12 pulls is a bit much no? What should I be looking at?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ryobi SS30 Trimmer Problem

The way you start it!!!

Try my way:

1) prime 8 times hard.
2) close the choke and without any throttle, pull until it start or try to start and stop.
3) If it start, open the choke all the way as soon as possible and let it idle.
4) If it try to start but stop, open the choke at the way and pull, should start on the next pull. Then just let it idle.

I never have to touch the throttle or race the throttle after starting, just let it warmup nice and easy.

Try this, I used to have so much problem starting engine until I use this method. I use the same method to start my Echo, Shindaiwa, Maruyama and Honda. None take more than 4 pull cold. I even share this method with the pros and they like it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here