Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home Brew Trimmer Harness ??

Posted by crowhorse2524 NY (My Page) on
Sun, May 9, 10 at 7:59

I'm new to the forum and have searched around, but I haven't found anyone who's made a trimmer harness. There are some commercially made harnesses, but I know I could make one for far less than what they might cost.

I have a tremendous amount of trimming to do weekly and my curved shaft trimmer kills my back. I'll be putting a harness together and modifying a military "Y" harness with web belt combo as the foundation. From there it will be trial and error. I'm thinking of 2 mounting points on the trimmer, one close to the motor that will be secured using webbing to the belt and a second mount point using a suitable bungee from the harness shoulder strap to a more forward position on the trimmer shaft.

Has anyone else tried something like this?

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home Brew Trimmer Harness ??

Nop!! My harness came with the bike handle trimmer I bought. If you have back issue and you need to trim a lot. Get a bike handle trimmer.

o

I was surprised how affordable the Stihl harness I bought was. It was ~$20.

o

Which Stihl harness do you have? I believe they have several different models.... I thought that Stihl would be more expensive than some of the harnesses I've seen. Live and learn.......

o

I have this Double Standard Harness.

Check with your local dealer, I know they can vary from place to place. A quick search showed other full type harnesses going for ~$35. It makes me wonder if I correctly remember what I paid for my Stihl harness. I do remember being surprised that it cost much less than the typical Stihl sky high prices.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here